This page is a guide and resource for volunteer artists.
Art is clearly one of the most important aspects of the comic. If you want to contribute art, you must abide by the following rules:
- Art must be your own original work.
- Art is displayed at 800 pixels wide. Your art must be designed to be displayed at this width. You may submit larger versions if there is a
reason to do so (for example, outline art to be coloured). You may use any pixel height you like, within reason.
- Art must be PG-rated. No nudity, no graphic violence. Cartoony violence is fine.
- Established characters must be easily recognisable. You are free to interpret them in your own artistic style, but it has to be absolutely clear
which character is which. This means you need to adhere to character design continuity.
Other than that, you have various freedoms to use your own artistic skills:
- Art may be produced in any medium you wish, as long as the result is a static image file. You may draw or paint in traditional media and scan
the results, or create your work digitally with a painting program or a 3D rendering engine. You may build sets and take photographs if you want.
- Art may be in whatever style you like. Ultra-realistic through to highly cartoony are all fine. You are welcome to try abstract, if you can make
it work within the constraints of the story.
- You may produce art in colour or black and white. If you produce black and white art, you may ask for it to be coloured by another Infinite Monkey,
or you may specify that it remains black and white.
- Art should be submitted in one of the following formats:
Photoshop .psd file (if you work in Photoshop and the image has layers that may help
PNG (for art with flat colouring); or
high quality (low compression) JPEG (if the art has continuous colour shading).
To submit art to the jobs list to request colouring, dialogue, or lettering, post your work on a website and provide a link to it in your job post.
If you have no website to upload to, e-mail it to me at the address below.
Infinity on 30 Credits a Day
Last updated: Monday, 18 June, 2007; 03:59:46 PDT.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Licence, except where indicated otherwise.
David Morgan-Mar. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosted by: DreamHost